Are You Prepared for Mediation?
Provider: Mason Contractors Association of America
Discipline: Ethics & Business Practices
Mediation is not new. Mediation was employed in ancient India as well as in the Islamic world. In more recent times mediation has been widely adopted in the U.S. construction industry as a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). Mediation is often employed when claims negotiations fail to reach resolution in lieu of arbitration or litigation. The webinar discusses mediation as a process and discusses why construction professionals need to learn about mediation. The webinar identifies some good and bad points concerning the use of mediation. Additionally, the webinar offers a number of practical suggestions on how to prepare for and be successful in mediation.
Attend this information-packed webinar to:
- Gain a better understanding of why construction professionals may want to use mediation as an ADR process when dealing with unresolved claims;
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the mediation process;
- Learn the importance of and how to prepare for mediation;
- Understand how mediators operate at mediation;
- Discover how to function while in the mediation session.
For more information please visit www.masoncontractors.org or contact Mason Contractors Association of America at 800-536-2225.
Future Dates and Locations
|No courses scheduled|